Just a little warning, my music is on so turn down your speakers if you don't want it to blare in your ears!!! Thanks!!!

Friday, January 7, 2011

Homemade Picture Candle

I got this craft from a forum I will sometimes go and visit. It was super easy and super quick to do and it rivals the ones you can buy at Walmart's photo studio or any other studio for that matter. 3 simple steps that all it took and about 3.oo or 4.00 dollars from my pocket!!! Got to love a craft like that, hey!!!
  1. Buy a pillar candle, I recommend the white or cream ones as I believe they would work the best but if you want to try other colors, I say go for it.
  2. Print your picture on just NORMAL printer paper and crop to fit your pillar candle. It could be and actual photo or an image you took from the net. Imagine the possibilites!!!
  3. Pin your photo to your pillar candle, then take your heat gun or blow dryer and heat the wax just enough that it soaks your picture in. Be careful though if you heat it too much your candle will start to drip.

And voila you are done!!! I love it!!! And I thought I would also leave you with a few candle quotes:

The best way to see divine light is to put out thy own candle
Thomas Fuller

You don't have to blow out my candle to make yours grow brighter.


Well that's it for me, once again as always I hope you take care and have fun!!! And if you happen to stumble upon my blog and try out your own homemade picture candle, I would love to see it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment